Christianity claims to be the only way to God. Isn’t that extremely narrow and intolerant? The Curiosity Collective brings together thought leaders, subject matter experts, pastors, and theologians to explore whether Christianity is too narrow.
Watch the Pulse of the World video above, pause to consider the questions displayed on the screen, and then continue on to The Curiosity Collective video by pressing play. Below, you will find questions for discussion and reflection related to The Curiosity Collective video.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION AND PERSONAL REFLECTION
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- Does the media represent Christianity accurately? Do Christians represent Christianity accurately?
- In the video, Corey suggests, “When people say that all religions are the same, that sounds really humble and tolerant.” Why does he go on to say that those claims are actually exclusive?
- How have people used religion for good? For bad?
- What are some examples of situations in which most people believe that narrow ideas are good?
- What exclusive claims do you hold? Do you allow yourself to be vulnerable when discussing your views with others?