t’s a difficult question. Probably one of the hardest to answer. Why does God allow pain and suffering? The Curiosity Collective brings together thought leaders, subject matter experts, pastors, and theologians to explore this difficult question.
Watch the Pulse of the World video above, pause to consider the questions displayed on the screen, and then continue on to The Curiosity Collective video by pressing play. Below, you will find questions for discussion and reflection related to The Curiosity Collective video.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION AND PERSONAL REFLECTION
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult is it for you to reconcile the existence of both suffering and God (1 = easy; 10 = impossible)? Why?
- One of the Pulse speakers noted, “Some of the best lessons I’ve learned in life . . . came from very painful times.” In what ways might good come from bad? Do you have any experience with this?
- If there’s a God, why do you think he allows evil in the world?
- In the video, what did you think of James’s suggestion that God “understands our suffering . . . [and] is seeking to heal it”?