Lord? Liar? Lunatic? Jesus actually claimed to be God. How can we possibly know if he was telling the truth? The Curiosity Collective brings together subject matter experts, pastors, and theologians to examine the question of if Jesus is God.
Watch the Pulse of the World video above, pause to consider the questions displayed on the screen, and then continue on to The Curiosity Collective video by pressing play. Below, you will find questions for discussion and reflection related to The Curiosity Collective video.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION AND PERSONAL REFLECTION
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- Was Jesus a historical figure, in your opinion? Why or why not?
- What did Leonce mean when he said, “Religion says ‘I do, therefore I’m loved.’ Jesus says, ‘You’re loved, therefore you do’”?
- Christians believe that sin separates humanity from God. Yet Jesus, through his death, bridges that gap. Why do you think Jesus had to die in order to accomplish this?
- In the video, Bryan says “[Jesus] was resurrected—rose up from the dead—with over five hundred witnesses. They saw him and, based on that encounter, were willing to die in order to testify as to what they saw.” What do you think about his claim?
- What do you think about Jesus’s claim to be God?