God seems so far away. Is it possible to have a personal relationship with God? The Curiosity Collective brings together thought leaders, authors, philosophers and theologians to examine whether or not we can know God personally.
Watch the Pulse of the World video above, pause to consider the questions displayed on the screen, and then continue on to The Curiosity Collective video by pressing play. Below, you will find questions for discussion and reflection related to The Curiosity Collective video.
QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION AND PERSONAL REFLECTION
- In what ways can you identify with any of the stories in The Curiosity Collective? What did you find intriguing or compelling?
- Why might someone resist knowing God personally?
- Propaganda stated that “sin . . . has broken that covenant with [God].” What do you think he meant by that?
- In the video, Pete said, “[Jesus] made it possible for our sins to be removed because his blood was spotless; he was a perfect sacrifice for us.” How could Jesus be perfect? What are the implications of that?
- How might one develop a personal relationship with God?
- In Matthew 7:7, the Bible says that if we seek, we will find; if we knock, the door will be opened. What might this mean?